[TRNSYS-users] Invalid floating point operation: strange behaviour

keilholz, werner werner.keilholz at cstb.fr
Tue Feb 9 00:12:33 PST 2010

Matteo,

To find this kind of problem, the only way is to use the debugger: In the CVF project of your type, make sure you have

\Trnsys16\Exe\TrnEXE.exe

under Project/Settings/Debug/Executable for debug session.

Make sure you're in debug mode (Build/Set active configuration->Debug). If your TRNDll is in release mode (which is the default, make sure your dll is generated to

\Trnsys16\UserDlls\ReleaseDlls (instead of DebugDlls, which is the default). I.e., under Project/settings/Link/Output file name

you should have something like \Trnsys16\UserDlls\ReleaseDlls\MyType.dll)

Now hit F5. TRNSYS will start and ask you for the deck file. When it crashes, the line with the problem is displayed, and you can inspect each variable.

(Look at m_acqua*Cp_sonde in your case, if it really stops at this line).

Hope this helps,

Werner