[TRNSYS-users] Invalid floating point operation: strange behaviour

Matteo DF deframat at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 10:05:08 PST 2010

Hi everybody,
I'm having some problems with a type I'm developing... I'm using Compaq
Visual Fortran 6.6.c.

Here's the problem, I have these simple line of code, some variable's names
are in italian but there's no problem I hope...

T_sonde=(T_rit+Q_h*(1-1/COP)/(m_acqua*Cp_sonde))*(fattore_carico)+T_rit*(1-fattore_carico)

The problem is that if I pass the right value to m_acqua (which is a
flowrate) I get an "Invalid floating point operation" error. The correct
value for m_acqua si 1500 kg/h which I converted in kg/s, 0.416667. If I
pass this value I get the error, if i raise to 5-10 kg/s there's no error.
If I raise only to 2-3 kg/s the simulation lasts longer but eventually gives
an error...

Where can the problem be?

Many thanks,
Matteo.

--
La scoperta è vedere ciò che tutti hanno sempre visto e
pensare ciò che nessuno ha mai pensato.