[TRNSYS-users] CHILLED CEILING SIMULATION

Dieter Dewitte d_dieter69 at hotmail.com
Mon May 25 15:00:22 PDT 2009

Hello everybody !

I'm trying to simulate a chilled ceiling into a smalle office room consisting out of 2 "zones".

The first zone is the volume above the false/chilled ceiling and the second zone is the office room itself. Now I want my chilled ceiling to be the adjacent "wall" between these two zones, with his inside or cooling surface looking into the office zone.

When I want to create my chilled ceiling, you can select "with airgap" or "withou airgap". As there is an airzone above the ceiling, I select "with airgap". When you put this layer into the wall type manager, TNRSYS automatically asks for minimu 2 layers. Now my question is, what is this second layer supposed to be ? The officeroof itself ? or ?

Any help would be appreciated,

thanks in advance !

Dieter

Student civil engineering