[TRNSYS-users] CO2 coupling with COMIS 3.2 and TRNSYS

keilholz, werner werner.keilholz at cstb.fr
Mon May 18 05:58:02 PDT 2009

Hi Danny,

I'm not really an expert, but here's what I would do:

If your ventilation system is driven by TRNSYS components (equation cards, ...), you simply have to add an output (or several outputs) for CO2 to your type 157:

In Simulation Studio, open the parameters of type 157, and increase parameter 5 (Number of Outputs) by 1.

A new parameter will appear just below. In this new parameter, specify the CO2 you want to output. CO2 is usually pollutant #2.

(e.g. 02.01 is CO2 in zone 1, 02.02 in zone 2, 02.03 in zone3, 02.42 in zone 42, etc.).

Then connect these values to your equation(s) to compute the required fan speeds, which you feed back to type 157 (using parameter 2, 'number of links with schedules').

(creates a new parameter also, 'CIF Seq. Num. of link with TRNSYS schedule' -> give the position of the fan in the &-NET-LI section of the COMIS input file generated by Simulation Studio).

(The word 'schedule' is somewhat misleading here, what we mean is any value computed by a TRNSYS TYPE).

Werner