[TRNSYS-users] about the type 50

em04143 at fe.up.pt em04143 at fe.up.pt
Fri May 15 06:37:32 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm developing a study with a PV-T flate plate collector. I'm using
the type 50 c, a collector with angular dependance of the
transmitance. However, the Tout of the collector is very high (about
380 ºC!!!). Does anyone now if there is any problem with this type?
I've confirmed my parameters many times, and the input data as well.
The fluid is water, with a rate of 0.0768 Kg/s, and with 20ºC of
temperature at the entrance of the collector.

Thanks, Tiago Teixeira

Collector parameters

Mode                                                        3        -
Collector Area                                                3.84        m^2
Collector Efficiency Factor                                0.664        -
Fluid Thermal Capacitance                                4.190        kJ/kg.K
Collector plate absorptance                                0.9        -
Number of glass covers                                        1        -
Collector loss coefficient                                        2.78
        W/m^2.K
Extinction coefficient thickness product                        0.012        -
Temperature coeficient of PV cell efficiency                -0.0045
             any
Temperature for cell reference efficiency                        25
             deltaC
Packing factor                                                0.69        -

Tiago Teixeira
Engineer/Student At FEUP, Oporto, Portugal
em04143 at fe.up.pt
www.fe.up.pt