[TRNSYS-users] skylight fixed shading

Cramer Silkworth silkworth at transsolar.com
Fri Apr 24 08:16:10 PDT 2009

Hi All,

I've got a building that has skylight with hoods to block the direct
sunlight (similar to a northshed). Are there any types out there
suitable for modeling these? I was thinking perhaps create another
orientation with only diffuse horizontal radiation and connect that to
the skylights, and also do and ecotect or sketchup analysis of the
geometry to see if the hoods do indeed block all direct light, but I'm
wondering what other people's thoughts on this are.

Thanks,
Cramer

J. Cramer Silkworth
Transsolar Inc.
Technical consulting for energy efficiency and user comfort in
buildings. Stuttgart - Munich - New York
134 Spring Street Suite 601
New York, NY 10012
212-219-2255
silkworth at transsolar.com