[TRNSYS-users] Strange results from Type567

a8304506 at graduate.hku.hk a8304506 at graduate.hku.hk
Sun Apr 26 20:02:40 PDT 2009

Hello, Trnsys users.

I try to simulate the performance of a PV panel using Type567.  However, I have
two queries:

1.  I try to compare the performance of a glazed and unglazed PV panel, but the
power ouputs from the two types look the same.  Is it normal?
2.  The output from the PV panels is very small (less than 0.1kW for 100m2 PV
panels).  By reviewing the source code of Type567, I suspect that there is an
error in the calculation of the "Power".  It seems that the original formula
"POWER=TAUALPHAN*XKAT*GT*PV_EFFICIENCY" needs to be multiplied by "AREA" when
compared with the formulation for the "Absorbed radiation" based on
"Q_ABS=AREA*GT*TAUALPHAN*XKAT*(1.-PV_EFFICIENCY)".  Am I correct?

Your reply is highly appreciated.  Thank you!

Best Regards
LEE, Chun Kwong
Division of Building Science and Technology
City University of Hong Kong