[TRNSYS-users] TRNBUILD thermal bridge

matthieu duclos matt.duclos at laposte.net
Thu Apr 16 02:18:06 PDT 2009

Dear Trnsys Users,

I have a problem about a bug for thermal bridge, I find an answer in the archives but ...:

Hi Nicola,

nicola wrote:
> Dear all,
> I'm modelling a wall wit a thermal bridge effect.
> I found a bug in TRNBuilt :
> 1. If I put the value of resistence equal to xxx (hmK/kJ) in the layer
> manager, the program create a wall with a U-value expressed in kJ/h
> m^2K and a resistence equal to xxx in hm^2k/kJ!!!
Thanks for finding this bug. I think it is only a problem of displaying
the units.  The resistance should be entered in h m^2K /kJ, and not h m
K /kJ.  When you check on the 'Layer type manager', the resistance is
shown in h m^2K /kJ.
> 2. the u-value of a wall with thermal bridge effect is lower than the
> same wall without thermal bridge effect.
The u-value displayed in the 'Wall type manager' is calculated by adding
two reference heat transfer coefficients to the wall (7.7 and 25 W/m^2 K).

Best regards,

Diego

... in "Walls" when I choose a coldbridge I can put the value for length in m , not a surface in m^2.

What is the solution?
If the solution is all in m^2, how can I change a linear thermal bridge to surface thermal bridge?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

 Créez votre adresse électronique prenom.nom at laposte.net
 1 Go d'espace de stockage, anti-spam et anti-virus intégrés.