[TRNSYS-users] TRNOpt Objective function Error

Thibaut VITTE thibaut.vitte at h3c-energies.fr
Thu Nov 27 02:40:27 PST 2008

Dear Benoit,

I had a similar error with TrnOpt. When you have errors with Trnopt, try
to search in the files generated by TRnOpt, there are more precise
informations in it.

I had to change the regional informations of Windows, and change the
decimal separator, which is a comma for France. I think TrnOpt needs a dot.

Hope this helps.
Regards,

> Dear TRNSYS - TRNOpt Users,
>
> I have installed the TRNOpt programme that work with GenOpt 2.1.
> But I can't get an optimization working! GenOpt keeps returning the
> following error:
>

>     genopt.lang.OptimizerException:
>     Error in searching for the objective function value:
>       The objective function value could not be found.
>       - Check the optimization ini file for
>         the prober value of SimOutputFile.
>       - Check the SimOutputFile for the prober
>         structure.
>       - Check the optimization configuration file for
>         the prober value of the objective function delimiter.
>         Objective function delimiter is 'Variable Value 001 ='.
>

> I have tried with different TRNSYS files, including the example
> provided with TRNOpt. The same error appears all the time.
>
> Has anyone encountered a similar error?
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Best Regards,
> Benoît
>
> ----
> Benoît Andlauer
> Research Engineer - Ph.D Student
> Center for Energy and Processes
> 60, bd St Michel - F-75272 Paris Cedex 06
> Tel: +33 1 40 51 94 19
> Fax: +33 1 40 51 94 25
> benoit.andlauer at ensmp.fr <mailto:benoit.andlauer at ensmp.fr>

Thibaut Vitte