[TRNSYS-users] Adiabatic floor with active layer

Sabine Jansen - BK S.C.Jansen at tudelft.nl
Wed Nov 5 07:02:38 PST 2008

Dear all,

Does anyone have experience with simulating an adiabatic boundary for a wall or floor with an active layer?

Usually I define an adiabatic wall with boundary - identical. But for a wall with gains (from sun or TABS) this results in heat transfer from the back surface of the wall as well, since the floor is warmer than the zone and the identical temperature is equal to the zone temperature.

I hope someone knows how this can be done for active floors!

Thanks in advance,
Kind regards, Sabine Jansen