[TRNSYS-users] Adiabatic floor with active layer

Arie Kalkman A.Kalkman at chri.nl
Wed Nov 5 07:38:12 PST 2008

Dear Sabine,

It is hard for me to imagine a situation where an adiabatic boundary to an
active layer makes any sense?

Since an active floor wil generate heat flows up and down, which usually are
not identical (due to the position of the active layer in the floor, but
also due to floor covering and different convective heat transfer
coefficients), you usually need to model a dummy zone and simulate both heat
flows.  Could this be a solution to your problem?

Kind regards,

Arie

  _____