[TRNSYS-users] Storage tank type 534

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Mon May 19 11:13:43 PDT 2008

> Has anyone ever used type 534 to modelize vertical storage tanks ?
> Trnsys often crashes when I try to configure it. I finally managed to
specify some
> parameters but still, I've got these errors :

I took a minute and looked at your data file for Type 534 and it's not
surprising that the model was generating an error.  Here are the things
that I found:

1) You have 5 nodes but are telling the model that the first flow stream
exits out of node 8.
2) The sum of the inlet flow fraction for flow stream 2 do not equal one,
but rather 0.625
3) For HX1, you haven't told the model where the HX is located and have
simply set the fraction of HX nodes in each tank node to zero.
4) For HX2, you have not specified where the HX is in the tank and have
set the tank node and fraction of HX length to zero for each of the HX
nodes.

Type 534 is a powerful tank model but does take a few minutes to make sure
you understand the model and have things set correctly.  The way it is
configured now, the tank has three inlets, three outlets and two heat
exchangers - is that really the configuration of the tank that you want to
model?

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC