[TRNSYS-users] Cooling Load Calculations

#TEO NGUAN TECK# Z050128 at ntu.edu.sg
Thu Dec 18 00:35:49 PST 2008

Hi ALL,

I would like to use TRNSYS to calculate the cooling load of my building model (altogether 8 zones), instead of traditional methods. I have carried out the following steps and would like to know if I am correct:

1)      I used the cooling available in TRNBuild and set the Room Temperature Control to 25 deg C (unlimited power).

2)      I retrieved the data (QCOOL) and determine the max QCool required for each zone (by sorting the data using excel).

3)      I subsequently summed all the maximum QCool from the 8 zones.

The final value (ie from step 3) will be used to determine the cooling capacity of my equipment (which is a chilled water cooling system).

Are my steps correct? Or can anyone provide me a better approach?

Any help is deeply appreciated!

Nguan Teck

Undergrad

Nanyang Technological University, Singapore