[TRNSYS-users] Cooling Load Calculations

Matt Duffy duffy at tess-inc.com
Thu Dec 18 09:06:54 PST 2008

Dear Nguan Teck,

That sounds like a good approach. Make sure you remember that the NTYPE
Output, QCOOL is a power in units kJ/hr. Also, for system sizing, make
sure you maintain a constant temperature in your zone(s). The reason for
this is if you have an instantaneous temperature step in TRNBUILD, it
requires more instantaneous energy or power to bring the air temperature
to setpoint. To clarify, please see the attached *.jpg that I made for a
client.

Best regards,

Matt Duffy