[TRNSYS-users] basic doubt in TYPE16+TYPE34+TYPE56

RAJ KUMAR srajk76 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 9 07:06:30 PST 2007

Dear all,

    Basically my window size is 1 X 2.5m in south wall of my model room. I have connected TYPE34 in between TYPE16 and TYPE 56a and defined the parameters of overhang as follows

Receiver height -1m
Receiver width - 2.5m
overhang proj -  0.5m
overhang gap - 0.1m
OH left ext - 0.1m
OH right - 0.1m

south wall size is 3 x 4 m (height X width)

Now my question is , Does  TYPE56 take care of overhang for window specified in TYPE56 by using program routines inside?. or how specifically does it take for window?. or it assumes overhang for whole south wall?. I am getting some variations in my simulation. esp. diffuse radiation.

  Otherwise how should I connect overhang?, if I want to do only for specified window in TYPE56. This is actually extension of my earlier doubt.

Kindly clarify my doubt, thanks in advance.

regards,
Rajkumar.S

S.Rajkumar,B.E.(Mech), M.Tech(Energy Engg.]
Research Scholar,
Centre for Energy Studies,
IIT, NewDelhi - 110016
Ph : 26586408 (lab),6907(Hostel)