[TRNSYS-users] basic doubt in TYPE16+TYPE34+TYPE56

Arie Kalkman a.kalkman at chri.nl
Tue Jan 9 08:08:02 PST 2007

Dear Raj,

Type 34 calculates the reduction in the amount of radiation based on your
definition of the overhang.

Usually the window shading is the most important effect, so you define the
overhang/wingwall relative to the window.

If you now connect the Type 34 to your 3x4 m. wall including the 1x2.5 m.
window, you are right that also the wall receives the reduced amount of
radiation.

For thermally isolated walls, the effect on the building will be very small.

If you don't want this effect, or if you don't know whether it is a
significant effect in your case, you can do the following:

-          in Type 56, use 2 different label names for the orientation of
the window and the wall, e.g. south1 and south2

-          you now get to different sets of inputs to Type56.

-          Connect the type 34 outputs to the Type56 window-related set of
inputs (incident radiation for south1, etc.)

-          Connect the original type 16 outputs to the wall-related set of
inputs (south2)

Kind regards,

Arie

  _____