[TRNSYS-users] clarification on temperature of air flow in ventilation-plz

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Wed Feb 7 08:53:48 PST 2007

Hi Rajkumar,

The answer depends on what you want to do.  The ventilation option in
TRNBuild allows you to model the air conditioning system as a set of
components outside of the building, and pass the information of air
changes and temperature of the air entering the space.  If you set the
'temperature of air flow' as 'outside', it assumes that the temperature
of the air entering the space is equal to the ambient temperature.  This
would be the right option to use if you are not conditioning the air.
If you are modeling your air conditioning system, you may want to use
'other' and select an input.  This input should be connected to the
temperature of the air conditioning system.
Best regards,

Diego