[TRNSYS-users] Absorption Chiller/Type56

MERIEM SOUSSI soussi_meriem2005 at yahoo.fr
Fri Apr 6 08:17:07 PDT 2007

  Dear Trnsys-users,

  I'm trying to modelize a multizone building cooled by an absorption chiller coupled to a solar collector, I'd like to use the energy rate control mode.
  So do I have to define a cooling type in the *.Bui file with a fixed power that will be an input to type 56 and an output of the absorption chiller (the chilled water energy)?
  Then according to the cooling demand (output of type 56) employ an auxiliary heater in order to increase the temperature of the hot water entering the absorption chiller.
  Or as explained in the documentation: "If the cooling equipment is modeled external to the TYPE 56 component, the cooling type should not be used. Instead, the VENTILATION AIRCHANGE, TEMPERATURE and HUMIDITY should be defined as INPUTS, fed by outputs from the conditioning equipment component(s)"?
  But the outputs of an absorption chiller just provide chilled water temperature, its energy..etc..

  Thank you for clarifying my doubts
  Best regards