[TRNSYS-users] type 42c

Pablo Est Poblete Giacaman ppoblete at udec.cl
Sat Jun 10 19:03:27 PDT 2006

Dear All:

        My name is Pablo Esteban Poblete, I´m a  Mechanical Engineering
student at Universidad de Concepción, Chile. I´m working with
16.00.0036 Trnsys version trying to modeling an air to air heat
pump. I´ve also tried to use the type 42c in HVAC/Conditioning
Equipment.

The problem is that I need a performance file of the heat pump. The type
42c’s description says that the file which contains the performance data
is /TRNWIN/PERFORM.DAT and I don´t have any folder TRNWIN nor any file
PERFORM.DAT, hence I don´t  know neither how is the file nor which the
format is.
The description of the Type 42c says there are some examples of a heat
pump, but I haven’t been able to find them.

Am I working with the wrong type to model an air to air heat pump? Which
is the best type in this version to do what I want to do? I just need a
simple model. I would appreciate it if you could help me.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Pablo Esteban Poblete
Universidad de Concepción