[Fwd: Re: FW: Re: [TRNSYS-users] Bug in TYPE74]

David Bradley [SEL] dbradley at engr.wisc.edu
Mon Jun 27 13:26:00 PDT 2005

Dear Fernando,
  It is inefficient to recalculate the characteristic parameters at
every iteration (as is done in the component) because if you only have
one instance in the input file, then there is no need to recalculate
those values at each time step. You need only read the parameters once
and then calculate those lines between the ENDIF and line 60 once. If
those lines were brought inside the ENDIF then you would also want to
copy the lines up to the section between

      !initialize storage variables
        RHOD=-1.
      EFFD=0.
        TALN=TAU_ALPHA(NG,EFFD,XKL,RI,ALF,RHOD)
      stored(1) = RHOD
      stored(2) = TALN
      CALL setStorageVars(NStorage,stored,INFO)

and

      !set the outputs to 0
        OUT(1) = XIN(1)
      OUT(2:NO) = 0.d0 !zero remaining outputs
        RETURN 1         !the first timestep is for initialization - exit.

as well because if there is only one instance of Type74, and if the
ENDIF had been moved down to line 60 then those lines would never be
executed because INFO(1) would always equal IUNIT. If you have an input
file that is giving you results that you don't understand and you have
tracked it to Type74, please feel free to send it to me. You may be
right that there is a problem although I do not see one from looking at
the structure of the code in there.
Kind regards,
  David