[TRNSYS-users] libmx and file close error

Michaël Kummert michael.kummert at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 10:30:12 PST 2005

Krishna, Rémi,

> I experienced this problem as well.  The file libmx.dll is associated
> with the Type 155 that helps trnsys communicate with matlab.  For some
> reason, the the .dll file that is for Type 155 calls this libmx.dll even
> if you don't have any reference to matlab in your program.  The only way
> I managed to eliminate the error is by removing the Type155 .dll from my
> program files.

I believe that what you see is one of the problems that happens when you
update to 16.00.0038 without uninstalling your previous version first.
I also believe the setup program prominently displays a warning about
that, but of course who reads warnings anyway?
If that is the case you may end up with 2 versions of Type155.dll: one
in /Exe, the other one in /UserLib. You should delete the one in /UserLib.

machine. For that reason, TRNSYS will only load Type155.dll if Type155
is used in the deck. But in order to do that it has to know where to
find Type155.dll and handle it in a special way. If you have an extra
copy of Type155.dll in UserLib, TRNSYS will do what it does with any DLL
there: it first loads it to know which Types are in it, then it possibly
unloads it if the Types are not used in the deck. But if Matlab is not
installed, it fails at the first step.

While we are at it, I also believe you will have an extra copy of
Type62.dll left in UserLib if you have updated to 16.00.0038
"improperly". You should also delete that one if present. And if anyone
still using 16.00.0037 or an older version reads this, do not delete
anything!

Kind regards,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

École Polytechnique de Montréal - Génie Mécanique
Case Postale 6079, succursale Centre-Ville
Montréal   QC   H3C 3A7
Canada

Tel: +1 (514) 340-4711, Ext. 3367
Fax: +1 (514) 340-5917