[TRNSYS-users] about weather file

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Thu Dec 1 06:54:19 PST 2005

Dear Rajkumar,

Meteonorm uses the TMY2 data standard.  In the development of this
standard, a Typical Meteorological Year (TMY) was determined, and this
is the data that is stored in these files.  This Typical Metereological
Year was created month per month.  This means that you may find that the
data for January is from the data taken in 1995, because it was
considered a typical January, and the data for February is from another
year.

To find information on how the understand the format of the files and
the development of typical meteorological years, please go to the web
page: http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys/   and click on 'Weather Data'.
Then, click on 'TMY2 Data'.
I hope this helps,

Diego