[TRNSYS-users] PV ;radiation and frecuency.

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Fri Dec 2 09:02:49 PST 2005

Dear Javier,

The physics of the pv modules are very complicated and they are
dependent on the wavelength of the incoming radiation.  Quoting Beckman
and Duffie (Solar Engineering of Thermal Processes, John Wiley & Sons,
1991):  "...the simplified circuit model cannot reproduce all the
complicated phenomena that occur when photons interact with a
semiconductor.  In spite of these problems, the model is adequate for
systems design and can even be extended to approximate the observed
temperature dependence."

The PV models use manufacturer's information under standard operation
points, from where characteristic parameters can be calculated.  The
performance of the pv cells under different operating conditions can be
predicted from these characteristic parameters.  I would suggest that
you go through the mathematical description of the PV modules, in Volume
5, section 5.2.5 'Photovoltaic array'.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further questions.
Best regards,

Diego