[TRNSYS-users] coffered thermally activated slab representation

Christian Struck Christian.Struck at BuroHappold.com
Tue Sep 21 06:41:34 PDT 2004

Dear TRNSYS user,

I am about to model a coffered ceiling slab with embedded pipe work in
TRNSYS 15. What I am querying before I start the modelling process in PREBID
is how I would represent the coffer with embedded pipe work! To my current
understanding it is only possible to represent ceilings a s flat slabs.
However the coffer increases the heat exchanging surface area and thereby
results in an increased heat exchange coefficient between ceiling soffit and
room, dominated by the radiant component.

Could you please point me towards a solution that represents the physics
close enough to analyse the heat transfer with:

Case 1, pipe work embedded in the horizontal ceiling and coffer (with the
coil inside the coffer  following the slope of the coffer)
Case 2, pipe work embedded in horizontal slab only

Many thanks for your effort in advance!

Best Regards,

Christian

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailControl - www.mailcontrol.com