AW: [TRNSYS-users] coffered thermally activated slab representati on

Christian Struck Christian.Struck at BuroHappold.com
Tue Sep 21 07:21:37 PDT 2004

Dear Isabelle,

Many thanks for your immediate reply!
I am afraid I described the slab profile slightly confusing.
The ceiling surface area of the coffered ceiling slab is the same for both
cases and approximately 1/3 larger than the floor area.
Case 1, is define by pipe work embedded in the horizontal ceiling and
coffer, and
Case 2, by pipe work embedded in the horizontal ceiling only.

Meaning for the cooling case is the mean surface temperature for case 1
lower as for case 2 due to the thermal resistance of the concrete.
My worry is the impact of the slope of the coffer on the radiant heat
exchange and subsequently on the overall transfer coefficient.

Due you have any thoughts?

Thanks!

Christian