[Bldg-sim] 90.1-2013 Interior lighting - local control signification

Julien.Dutel at teq.gouv.qc.ca Julien.Dutel at teq.gouv.qc.ca
Fri Jan 5 11:36:42 PST 2018

Hello,

Long time ago, I posted an unsanswered question. Since the question still remain, I will try to explain it more clearly.

I have a hard time to interpret what a "local control" means with 90.1-2013 - section 9.4.1.1(a):

    "There shall be one or more manual lighting controls in the space that controls all of the lighting in the space. (...)"

Each space have a lot of others control requirement like Restricted to partial automatic ON, Bilevel, Automatic partial off,etc.
What does the local manual lighting controls need to do with all the lighting ? Do they need to complement the other control, or to bypass them with a forthright 100% ON / 0% OFF ?

Many thanks

Julien Dutel, ing. , CEM, CMVP | Conseiller et analyste en efficacité énergétique

Transition énergétique Québec
5700, 4e Avenue Ouest, B-406
Québec (Québec) G1H 6R1
Tél. : 418 627-6379, poste 8060