[TRNSYS-users] Initial values to INPUTS

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Fri Jun 30 07:22:04 PDT 2023

Damian,

Initial values are just used as a placeholder in case the component model that is providing the inputs to your type has not yet been called (first iteration condition).  Most times that initial value won’t even be seen by the model.  If the input is unconnected, however, the input will get that initial value for the duration of the simulation.  Bottom line - don’t do anything special with the initial values in your new type.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone