[TRNSYS-users] Convergence of systems using solver 0

Damian Birchler damian.birchler at ost.ch
Thu Jun 29 08:13:00 PDT 2023

Hi there

Could anyone point me to some literature to understand better what kind of systems can be simulated/do converge under what conditions when using successive substitution as the solver strategy. I tried to do some analytical convergence analysis myself for some very simple systems, like e.g. a constant power source connected to a storage via a heat exchanger. I found that to be quite challenging and don't really know how and if my findings translate to larger systems.

The reason for going down this route for me was to find a suitable time step for simulating my system without getting convergence errors in a bit more principle way than just trial and error.

Thanks for your help,
Damian