[TRNSYS-users] Calculation of a gradient in Trnsys for control of heat pump

Toni Calabrese toni.calabrese at ost.ch
Tue Nov 29 06:55:25 PST 2022

Dear Trnsys users,
within a project we need to control the compressor speed of a heat pump for the heating of a thermal storage. The basic idea would be to adapt the compressor speed (from 0 to 100%) based on a gradient temperature (Tt2 - Tt1) in the storage. If the temperature of the storage is increasing too slowly, compressor speed needs to be increased and if the temperature is increasing too fast, compressor speed needs to be decreased. Which is the easiest way to implement this in Trnsys? Which Types could we use?

Thanks a lot and have a nice evening

Toni Calabrese, MSc.
Wissenschaftlicher Projektleiter
toni.calabrese at spf.ch<mailto:toni.calabrese at spf.ch> | toni.calabrese at ost.ch<mailto:toni.calabrese at ost.ch>