[TRNSYS-users] Automatically splitting surface of thermal zone

Gergely László Zsolt gergely.laszlo at gpk.bme.hu
Tue Mar 22 08:10:27 PDT 2022

Dear Maja,

I don't know whether there is an automatic solution, but a pretty easy way is to draw a line on the top of first floor, alongside the second floor's edge (or hide the upper zone and draw a line exactly where the edge is).
After that, your ceiling of floor one will be segmented into two and you can match surfaces - one part of the ceiling with the floor above, the other with the ambient.
Furthermore, when aiming to discretely segmenting floors and ceilings (eg. for floor heating or slab cooling reasons in Type56) you can use the same trick.

Hope I could help you.
Regards,

László GERGELY
PhD student, Building Energy Engineering
[cid:60d74e0e-d824-44b5-b206-3d16eacb53e3]