[TRNSYS-users] Error idf import to TRNbuild

Maja Danovska maja.danovska at unitn.it
Fri Mar 18 08:09:54 PDT 2022

Dear Users,

I have a question concerning the idf file created from Sketchup (w\ plugin
Trnsys3D).

I have created the geometry of a building composed of 4 thermal zones. In
the meantime, I've also defined new constructions instead of using the
default ones. To each surface a construction was assigned, and especially
for the three adjacent walls I set ZONE as condition of Adjacency (instead
of using the default name ADJACENT WALL or ADJ WALL).

Then I saved to idf, tried to import it in TRNbuild and I got the error
"undefined wall type, Zone no. XXX and the name of the construction".

So, I proceeded by searching each surface in Sketchup, but it seems no
errors are present. I have no idea how to fix it.

If necessary, I'll attach and send also the .idf file for clearness.

Thanks for helping,

BR,
--
*Maja Danovska*

Research Fellow
Dep. of Civil, Environmental and Mechanical Engineering
University of Trento
via Mesiano, 77 - 38123 - Trento - ITALY

maja.danovska at unitn.it
+393403391289