[TRNSYS-users] Question regarding energy demand of a building

Paris Pasqualin PXP057 at student.bham.ac.uk
Thu Mar 10 06:49:40 PST 2022

Hello everyone,

I understand that the cooling and heating energy demands generated by Type56 are thermal energy. If I use a heat pump, that has a certain COP, to provide the cooling and heating energy, does this mean the electric energy requirement of the heat pump is (cooling + heating energy)/COP? Can type 143 be used to calculate how the COP change? Is there any other type that I can use to calculate the COP?

Best regards,
Paris