[TRNSYS-users] Info weather forecast in Trnsys

Michaël Kummert michael.kummert at polymtl.ca
Thu Jun 30 09:03:34 PDT 2022

Toni,

Unless you are running in real-time, you have access to the complete weather
data file before running the simulation, and the simplest solution I have
found to do what you are trying to do is to create a text file with the
hourly values of the forecasts. You could create that file with another
software tool, but it’s also possible to create it with TRNSYS if you want:
run a simulation with integrators and for example output the 24-h running
average value at each hour, and then open the output file in Excel and shift
that column by 23 hours, so that it reports the running average of the next
24 h instead of the past 24 h. The TESS libraries have a “running total and
average” component that does that easily, or Type 55 can be configured to do
it.

Michaël Kummert

Polytechnique Montréal