[TRNSYS-users] Type 534 Auxiliary Heating Rate

Song Aoye soymail at pku.edu.cn
Fri Jun 10 02:09:19 PDT 2022

Dear Jeff,

I actually use the heat storage methods in this article. Zhou, Y.; Cao, S., Quantification of energy flexibility of residential net-zero-energy buildings involved with dynamic operations of hybrid energy storages and diversified energy conversion strategies. Sustainable Energy, Grids and Networks 2020, 21.
The water in the tank is heated by the remaining renewable energy (renewable electricity generation minus building demand), thereby converting the renewable electricity into thermal energy that is stored in the water tank. Therefore, the energy for heating the water tank also needs to be included in the building demand, otherwise the heating energy will be too large, resulting in an increase in the building demand.
Anyway, since this setting will cause non-convergence, I will try to exclude auxiliary heating rate in the building demand.
thank you for your reply!