[TRNSYS-users] Type 56 thermal mass

Gergely László Zsolt gergely.laszlo at gpk.bme.hu
Fri Jul 22 08:48:53 PDT 2022

Dear All,

For some reasons I believe that my simulations do not consider thermal capacitance of my building.
I have no idea what goes wrong... I thought about overwriting the capacitance value of the zones however based on the documentation that value shall not include wall capacitance.

In the enclosed project there is a nightime setback and the problem is visible as the temperature drops as soon as the heating is off and rises as soon as it is on.

To make things in context the aim of the project is testing different options reducing heating demand.

Do you have any suggestions for overcoming the problem?
I would be grateful!

Thanks in advance,

László GERGELY
PhD student, Building Energy Engineering
[cid:3c7b3306-579c-4073-bd99-3e235eeb86e7]