[TRNSYS-users] Wall thickness in TRNBUILD

Volodymyr Pobuta volodymyr.pobuta at lneg.pt
Thu Jul 21 03:02:05 PDT 2022

Hello

I am using TRNSYS for the simulation of multizone buildings. I have made the CAD model on Sketch Up and I moved on to TRNBUILD to define all the construction and window layers. My question is the following:

  *   The walls imported from Sketch Up do not have a thickness. I have multiple adjacent areas, for whom I have defined the construction layers as supposed, however, while reading the Multi-Zone Building Tutorial, I have noticed that the program only calculates the U-value for the layer. Since the equations will need the input from the volume of the rooms, how can I be sure that the layers are defined properly and that I have the correct volume in the room?

Thank you for your time

- AVISO -

Esta mensagem de correio eletr?nico e quaisquer dos seus ficheiros anexos, caso existam, s?o confidenciais e destinados apenas ?(s) pessoa(s) ou entidade(s) acima referida(s), podendo conter informa??o confidencial, privilegiada, a qual n?o dever? ser divulgada, copiada, gravada ou distribu?da nos termos da lei vigente. Se n?o ? o destinat?rio da mensagem, ou se ela lhe foi enviada por engano, agradecemos que n?o fa?a uso ou divulga??o da mesma. Se recebeu esta mensagem por engano, por favor avise-nos de imediato, por correio eletr?nico, para o endere?o acima e apague este e-mail do seu sistema.

Obrigado.

- NOTICE -

This e-mail transmission and eventual attached files are intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, or if you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify us by e-mail at the above address and delete this e-mail from your system.

Thank you.