[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS ground floor

Loic Tachon dr.loic.tachon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 00:38:11 PDT 2022

Dear users,

I want to simulate a huge building (5500 m2) with a 20 cm concrete ground
without isolation.
I don't really understand how the direct contact boundary condition works.

I made a ground wall composed of 20 cm of concret and 80 cm of calcar.

I realize that the simulation result (Tzone temperature) is very dependent
of the ground temperature boundary condition.
I use type 77 with the depth of ground temperature of 1m, the amplitude of
12 and the mean temperature of 12.
If I change the parameters of type 77, the zone temperature results change
a lots.

In the inf file, i get u value result of my floor : THERMAL CONDUCTANCE, U=
    4.21086 kJ/h m2K; U-Wert=     0.97567 W/m2K

If I don't put the 80 cm of calcar, I get the following u value :
THERMAL CONDUCTANCE, U=    37.80000 kJ/h m2K; U-Wert=     3.77020 W/m2K

Is this normal ? What means U-Wert ?

--
*Dr. Loïc Tachon *
(+33) 6 7440-0536 (France)