[TRNSYS-users] Cooling coil Type 508a - wrong heat transfer output

Enxhi Daci enxhi at gether.no
Fri Aug 26 00:49:13 PDT 2022

Hello,

I am simulating a cooling coil, Type 508a, in TRNsys. I supply air through a
fan, and fluid through a pump, and control both of them with the condition
that they run only when the air temperature is higher than the fluid
temperature (as in the attached photo).

The problem is that when I run the simulation I still get heat transfer
output from the cooling coil even when the fan and pump are not running, and
in some periods even when the air temperature is lower than the fluid
temperature. I have tried to fix this problem but with no results.

Please, do you have any suggestions for this?

Enxhi Daci

R&D Engineer, HVAC

Gether AS