[TRNSYS-users] Question about the corrected azimuth angle AAZM_TYPE_56

dimitris soukoulis saintdimi at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 15 03:55:46 PDT 2021

Dear All,

I want to add some external shading in my building project using the Type34 component but I am not sure about the inputs of the component. Given the fact that my building is rotated 15 degrees from south to west (variable TURN=15) I don’t know whether I should connect the solar azimuth angle of the type34 input with the solar azimuth angle from Weather component or with the AAZM_TYPE_56 output from the RADIATION equation.
I also have a question about the incidence angles that the weather component produces. For the purpose of optimal sizing of the overhang, I have to know the angle of incidence for each wall. So I plotted the angle of incidence outputs from RADIATION equation, and realized that it gave values greater than 90 degrees, which doesn’t make sense. Does it ?

Kind regards,
Jim Soukoulis
NTUA