[TRNSYS-users] Type 941 AWHP exiting fluid temperature

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Thu Sep 9 07:19:23 PDT 2021

Laszlo,

This same phenomenon would likely occur in the real world as well.  You have a heating device that heats up quickly in form of the heat pump and a heating source that heats up slowly in the form of the floor slab.  This imbalance causes the heat pump loop to increase quickly in temperature as the slab heat transfer slowly ramps up to match the heat pump output.  But there is an easy, and common, solution.  Have the heat pump instead heat a storage tank to your desired temperature.  Then have the floor slab draw from the tank when it needs heat.  The tank will act as the ideal buffer between the supply and demand.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone