[TRNSYS-users] Type 941 AWHP exiting fluid temperature

Gergely László Zsolt gergely.laszlo at gpk.bme.hu
Thu Sep 9 05:56:48 PDT 2021

Dear All,

I am using the Type 941 AWHP for floor heating (and slab cooling). I am facing the challenge that the exiting fluid temperature does not come as anticipated - with a temperature difference of 5 K I would like the system to work as 35/30°C (inlet and outlet of the floor heating) in order to have high COP values for the HP. However, the HP delivers a significantly higher exiting fluid temperature (at aroungd 55°C), worsening the COP. Are there any means to control the exiting fluid temperature of the HP properly? (Shall I write a function ordering the HP to deliver the exiting fluid temperature depending on the outside temperature, or the actual heat loss of the heatied zone?)

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,

László GERGELY
PhD student, Building Energy Engineering
[cid:97f5780c-a8a9-42c5-bcfb-ae76d4527b61]