[TRNSYS-users] trnsys on multicore/multiprocessor machine

George Kyriakarakos gk at aua.gr
Mon Oct 18 05:31:46 PDT 2021

Dear Maurice,

For optimization purposes there is no limitation on the number of trnsys.exe
instances you can run at the same time. Using the TRNOPT component or
manually setting up the use of GENOPT you can run in parallel a number of
trnsys.exe instances equal to the number of your cores. Check the
information on how you can do it manually below or get TRNOPT:

https://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys/demos/genopt-type56.pdf

You can also do parametric runs internally with TRNEDit, externally no limit
in possible approaches.

To be honest I do not see another scenario where you would want to run
trnsys.exe instances in parallel in a single computer for which the license
is valid. I also cannot see any scenario benefitting of running more
instances than 1 in parallel by a single core

Best regards,

George

--

Dr. George Kyriakarakos, Agricultural Engineer
PhD, MSc Energy Systems & Renewable Energy Sources
e-mail:  <mailto:gk at aua.gr> gk at aua.gr

Skype: georgekyriak