[TRNSYS-users] PV system with Battery storage.

dimitris soukoulis saintdimi at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 6 09:10:22 PDT 2021

Dear All,

I am modelling an PV energy system with battery storage, using the types 47b battery, 48b inverter/regulator and 103b solar panels. I am trying to minimize the power input from the grid and the dumped energy from the battery, but no matter how much I increase the size of the battery or the PV array, I have little success. I am also having doubts about some results I am getting. In order to have a better view of the system, I integrate the following outputs from the inverter of the energy system : Power to or from battery, Dumped generated power, power in from generation, power from grid. I can see that even when I have more kWh produced than required from the load the grid is used. Also the energy to or from the battery in kWh’s is much more than the battery’s capacity. Does anyone has any idea of what I am doing wrong ? Attached you will find the .tpf and .b18 files required to run the simulation.

Thanks in advance,
Jim Soukoulis
NTUA