[TRNSYS-users] Radiator modeling- Type 1231

Habtamu Tkubet habtish2000 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 07:47:54 PST 2021

Dear  Pouyan
I hope you are well. I’d really appreciate it if you can help me by sending
a sample model of a building with a radiator due to I am new and trying to
model a 3D building with have a individual heater (Radiator) and As I do
not have what to put on the parameters and input of radiator and how to
connect to the building and how to determine the capacity of the radiator
to check whether have enough radiator capacity or not?
Thanks

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 3:15 PM Pouyan Talebizadehsardari (Staff) via
TRNSYS-users <trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org> wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> I hope all are well. I’d really appreciate it if anyone can help me with
> the following questions:
>

> I am using a radiator (Type 1231) for each room to warm up a building
> (Type 56). First, I determined the maximum loss for this building by
> choosing a heating setpoint. Then, I chose the maximum heat loss for each
> room as the design capacity of the radiator. Does anyone know if I do it
> correct?
>

> I chose 55C for the design surface temperature of the radiator. My boiler
> works at the temperature of 60C. What about the design air temperature? As
> I know, these values are selected based on the manufacturer and it is
> usually 50C less than the mean temperature of the radiator. So, I consider
> it the predefined value of 10C.  Am I correct?
>

> Also, for the number of pipes,  as I understand, it is related to correct
> the heat transfer to the room and a higher number of pipes results in a
> lower heat transferred to the room. Does anyone know if it is exactly equal
> to the number of water channels insider the radiator? If yes, so, It should
> be related to the length of the radiator and so a higher number should be
> selected for a radiator with a higher capacity.
>

> Thanks in advance
>

> Kind regards
>
> Pouyan

> *Pouyan Talebizadeh Sardari*, BSc MSc PhD AFHEA
>
> Centre for Sustainable Energy Use in Food Chains,
>
> Institute of Energy Futures,
>
> Brunel University London,
>
> Kingston Lane, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 3PH, UK
>
> Email: pouyan.talebizadehsardari at brunel.ac.uk

Habtamu Tkubet
Doctorant
*Université de Lorraine*
Faculté des Sciences & Technologies - LERMAB and CRAN
 Epinal, France
Tél :+2519 11 79 05 22 /773623147
email:- habtish20002 at gmail.com <http://habtish20002gmail.com/>;
habtamu-tkubet.ebuy at unvi-lorraine.fr