[TRNSYS-users] ΠΡ: Comparing the type560 PV-T with the type103b PV

dimitris soukoulis saintdimi at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 1 09:00:54 PDT 2021

Hello! I am sending my question again with the hope that someone will reply. Thanks !
Από: dimitris soukoulis<mailto:saintdimi at hotmail.com>
Αποστολή: Τρίτη, 26 Οκτωβρίου 2021 2:16 μμ
Προς: trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org<mailto:trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org>
Θέμα: Comparing the type560 PV-T with the type103b PV

Dear All,
I am currently trying to compare the difference between a simple PV panel ( type103) and a PVT collector (type560) but I am not getting the expected results, because the output of the PVT is less than that of the PV which doesn’t make sense. My calculations are the following : I calculated the type103 efficiency by multiplying the module’s current (Parameter 7) with the voltage(Parameter 6) at the MPP for reference conditions and divided it by the product of the insolation at reference conditions (P 5) and the module’s area (P 12). That efficiency I entered to the Parameter 18 of type560. I also made the areas of the two components equal ( 71,2 m2 in my case ) and changed the tubes number to 712 so it would have the same ratio as the default setting which is 10 tubes/m2. By doing so I expexted to have a higher electrical yield from the PVT but that was not the case. Did I do something wrong with my calculations ?
I am attaching the project’s files.
Thanks a lot,
Jim Soukoulis.