[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS v18: Type 155 cannot load when running 'Calling MATLAB' Example

Arian Bahrami arianbhm at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 23 09:46:25 PDT 2021

Hi Maria
Add win32 as well for the path. I added both in case if it searches, probably it will resolve the issue.
Arian

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 5:31 PM, María Herrando via TRNSYS-users <trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org> wrote:

  Hi everyone,
I'm encountering an error that I believe other users have already experienced, but I think I have done everything that was previously suggested and I keep having the same error...

I am trying to use Type 155 ‘calling Matlab’, but I cannot even get the calling Matlab example running. I am running an x64 system with Windows 10, Matlab R2017b, and 64bit TRNSYS18.

I encounter the following error: "Your input file uses Type 155 (Calling Matlab). "Type155.dll” was found but could not be loaded. Please make sure that a supported version of Matlab is installed and that Matlab's "bin\win32" folder is on Windows' search path.”

First, I do not understand why it says win32 when all my system, TRNSYS and Matlab are in 64bits version. Anyway, I have made sure the EXE folder in TRNSYS18 contains the Type155.dll version corresponding to my Matlab release. I have also added that file in C:\TRNSYS18\UserLib\DebugDLLs, and C:\TRNSYS18\UserLib\ReleaseDLLs just in case; I have also created a search path for Matlab's "bin\win64" to my path environment variable “C:\MATLAB\bin\win64” and “C:\MATLAB\runtime\win64”

Thank you very much,

Best Regards,
 María