[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS v18: Type 155 cannot load when running 'Calling MATLAB' Example

María Herrando mherrando at unizar.es
Tue Mar 23 08:31:44 PDT 2021

Hi everyone,

I'm encountering an error that I believe other users have already
experienced, but I think I have done everything that was previously
suggested and I keep having the same error...

I am trying to use Type 155 ‘calling Matlab’, but I cannot even get the
calling Matlab example running. I am running an x64 system with Windows
10, Matlab R2017b, and 64bit TRNSYS18.

I encounter the following error: "Your input file uses Type 155 (Calling
Matlab). "Type155.dll” was found but could not be loaded. Please make
sure that a supported version of Matlab is installed and that Matlab's
"bin\win32" folder is on Windows' search path.”

First, I do not understand why it says win32 when all my system, TRNSYS
and Matlab are in 64bits version. Anyway, I have made sure the EXE
folder in TRNSYS18 contains the Type155.dll version corresponding to my
Matlab release. I have also added that file in
C:\TRNSYS18\UserLib\DebugDLLs, and C:\TRNSYS18\UserLib\ReleaseDLLs just
in case; I have also created a search path for Matlab's "bin\win64" to
my path environment variable “C:\MATLAB\bin\win64” and
“C:\MATLAB\runtime\win64”

Thank you very much,

Best Regards,
María