[TRNSYS-users] Problem with adjacent window

hotline hotline at Transsolar.com
Wed Mar 17 02:20:10 PDT 2021

Hi Toni,

you said you are using an internal shading factor for the adjacent window, right? In contrast to external shading, which just uses a simple factor to determine the shading (ESHADE = 1 -> Transmission = 0), internal shading is modelling  much more detailed effects, see image below:

[cid:d15e07e6-332b-4c95-b946-159e92f487cd]
Of all the radiation coming in through the window, a part is absorbed by the shading device and then released to the airnode through convection, some is reflected towards the window, again there we have absorption, convection and reflection back towards the zone and so on. Therefore, an internal shading device can never prevent all solar gains from entering a zone. Please see 5.2.4.6. Definition of a New Window Type and 5.4.2.9. External and Internal Shading Devices of the Multizone Building part in the TRNSYS Documentation for more info on this.

Best regards,
Christina

Transsolar KlimaEngineering

Stuttgart  | München | Paris | New York

Transsolar Energietechnik GmbH | Curiestraße 2 | 70563 Stuttgart

Geschäftsführer: Matthias Schuler, Thomas Auer, Stefan Holst, Dieter Schnelle

Registered at Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 23347 | USt-IdNr.: DE 152272639

The simulation project you have sent will be stored on the local servers of Transsolar Energietechnik GmbH for the duration of the project support. Our employees are obliged by us to confidentiality. After this period, all project-related data is deleted.

The storage of your personal e-mail and other contact information is based on the mutual interest in the execution of this traffic and on a mutual business contact. If you have any questions, please contact our data protection officer at privacy at transsolar.com<mailto:privacy at transsolar.com>. Our privacy policy can be found here<http://www.trnsys.de/docs/userservice/userservice_dataprivacy_en.htm>.