[TRNSYS-users] How to get constant outlet temperature from heat pump

Amirreza Heidari amirrezaheidarysbu at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 00:46:39 PDT 2021

Hello,

I have a heat pump (type 938) that supplies hot water to two tanks, one for
space heating and the other for domestic hot water. Because the return
temperature of the hot water is varying a lot (from 50 C to 90 C), the
outlet temperature of hat pump also varies a lot. I am designing a control
method that only works based on turning ON and OFF the heat pump and supply
pumps to adjust the temperature of building and hot water tank. The
variations of heat pump outlet temperature has made the control process
much more complicated and less efficient. I can use an auxiliary heater at
the outlet of heat pump to make sure a constant outlet temperature, but
this kind of heaters are not very energy efficient and I would avoid using
them as much as possible. Is there any other way to make sure that my heat
pump would produce a constant outlet temperature regardless of inlet
temperature?

Thanks

[image: image.png]

*Amirreza Heidari*
*Department of Energy Engineering*
*Sharif University of Technology*
*Tehran-Iran*
*E-mail address*:

heidari at energy.sharif.edu

a <sm_mousavi at pwut.ac.ir>mirrezaheidarysbu at gmail.com

*P* *Save a tree... Please don't print this E-mail unless you really need
to.*