[TRNSYS-users] error with dll found but is not loading the type on Virtual Machine Win10

Jobard Xavier xavier.jobard at heig-vd.ch
Thu Jan 21 08:13:14 PST 2021

Dear TRNSYS user,

I am trying to run a Trnsys deck with non-standard types (Type 832 and Type 6139)  on a virtual machine (win10).

A simple example (SDHW.dck) works fine. However my deck with type832 and type6139 which works fine on my laptop throws the errors but are actually listed as found further up the log file :
*** Fatal Error at time   :         0.000000
    Generated by Unit     : Not applicable or not available
    Generated by Type     :   832
    TRNSYS Message    105 : A TYPE was called in the TRNSYS input file but was either not linked into trndll.dll or was not found in an external dll. A dummy subroutine was called in its place. Please link the TYPE or remove it from the input file
    Reported information  :  Type832 could not be located in either the trndll.dll or in an external dll. Please relink theTRNDll.dll including this Type or make sure that an external DLL in the \UserLib\DebugDLLs and \UserLib\ReleaseDLLs folders contain the Type.
*** Fatal Error at time   :         0.000000
    Generated by Unit     : Not applicable or not available
    Generated by Type     :  6139
    TRNSYS Message    105 : A TYPE was called in the TRNSYS input file but was either not linked into trndll.dll or was not found in an external dll. A dummy subroutine was called in its place. Please link the TYPE or remove it from the input file
    Reported information  :  Type6139 could not be located in either the trndll.dll or in an external dll. Please relink theTRNDll.dll including this Type or make sure that an external DLL in the \UserLib\DebugDLLs and \UserLib\ReleaseDLLs folders contain the Type.

These 2 types are distributed by research institutes and were not recompiled in any way. Type 832 was used on several machines without problem before.

Can somebody help ?

[http://correspondance.heig-vd.ch/assets/heig.png]

Xavier Jobard
Ing. INSA Strasbourg

Collaborateur Ra&D
Institut de Génie Thermique (IGT)
Laboratoire d'énergétique solaire et de physique du bâtiment (LESBAT)

Prof. :

+41 24 557 28 17

Site web :

http://www.lesbat.ch